In keeping with the NAPICU Constitution, we held formal elections for the Executive Committee.
The last NAPICU AGM took place during the 25th Annual conference on 23rd September 2022 at 9am
The next NAPICU AGNM will take place during the 26th Annual conference on 22nd September 2022 at 9:30am
Only NAPICU members are eligible to stand for election. To stand please refer to the guidance below and complete and return a statement of intent no later the 2 weeks before 22nd September 2023 – using the template here
Roles and Responsibilities of the Committee Members
Please refer to the NAPICU Constitution here.
Members of the Executive Committee are required to attend 50% of the formal meetings and be able to undertake work on behalf of the association.
Standing for Election
If you are eligible to stand for election, you are encouraged to inform the Association two weeks before the AGM to enable the agenda to be prepared.
Who Can Stand for Election?
- Candidates must meet all of the following criteria.
- To stand for election you must be a Member of the Association, membership is secured by payment of the correct fee (except honorary members and Fellows).
- Membership must be either UK individual or UK Organisation class of membership.
- Individuals should be professionals working in any discipline related to care in a PICU care, or person who is a member of an appropriate organisation (e.g. patient or carer organisation) who is interested in PICU care.
- Existing Executive Committee members and Co-opted Executive Committee members are eligible for subsequent (re-)election to the Executive Committee.
For more information on how to become a Co-opted Executive Committee Member see below.
How to become a Co-opted Member of the Executive Committee
Members wishing to join the EC should contact an existing member of the committee and arrange to observe an EC meeting. This is necessary before they can be co-opted on to the EC.
The Annual General Meeting
- The AGM shall be convened by the Executive Committee.
The constitution requires the AGM to:
- be held during the Associations’ Annual Conference.
- At the AGM the annual account will be made available.
- At the AGM any changes to the membership fees will be announced.
At the AGM each individual member has one vote and organisational members have one vote. In the AGM where any ballot of votes is equal, the Chairman shall have the deciding vote.